Saturday, November 27, 2010

What really happens???


I was so excited to put on Christmas music!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving...loved it...and now on to the next excitement!


When I walked in the family room...the kids were rocking out!


Wiggling, jumping, swinging, lifting, shaking, and just moving in every direction!


NOT to leave out LAUGHING!!!

It reminded me of an experiment I once did!

I know as we get older our metabolisms slow down...
or
DO WE SLOW DOWN??????

I decided to take a day and do exactly as one of my kids did!
If they ate...I ate...what they ate....
If they moved I moved...the same as them...(if my body moved like that???)

It was NOT hard to choose who to pick...
I decided to go with Brooke!
She is the oldest...so I figured she would eat more and move less!
(Exactly what I am talking about!)

The result was rather depressing!
I did this for 1 day...I was going to do a week...but
I was STARVING!!!
(weak minded mommy!)
When I woke up, my muscles were sore...like the kind of soreness that would come if you ran an ultra marathon untrained!

I can't even imagine what would happen if I picked Luke..
Who eats like a bird...and moves like he is competing at a national dance competition!

If Luke is 5 and Brooke is 10 and I can already see the difference in food consumed and energy burned...
Then what happens if your 36?????

WE SLOW DOWN!


Okay how is that for a worthless experiment???
It was FUN...and I am always up for FUN and CRAZY!

Check out these super fun challenges and parties!
Big Daddy Diesel....pass on your love for running, biking, swimming, crawling...
and
Jill....gift giving....in the blog world...so much fun!

13 comments:

  1. I love the pics, you have a cute family! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics...the Christmas music was on right away at our house too...and I could never keep up with the kids! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting challenge alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids had a lot of fun! Beautiful pics.
    Great experiment, will you try again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! They've just started playing christmas music at work, I love the residents singing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! What a fun experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!!

    I graduated in 94 at Dobson, we very well could have raced together

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know, I have often thought that if I lived with a thin person and ate and moved like they did maybe I too would be thin...ha! Funny you did it with your kid.

    I already know I can't move as much as my 4.5 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that they were rocking out! The experiment sounds like fun. Being a two year old for a day would be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best time of year to have a bunch of kids around.

    Oh, and I think I move around more than most kids. At least my 2 sons and 1 daughter are always begging me to slow down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your house is a total BLAST at Christmas prep-time...omg, and Christmas morming must be a total zoo!! But in a good way :). So fast they grow and soon leave the nest...but until then, shake and move and eat tons of sugar :).

    Hey, can you please send me your mailing address for the blog fest give exchange? Just reply to this message and that will send to my email.

    Thanks bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so great :)
    I hear ya, Sista!

    (Thanks for popping by my blog)

    ReplyDelete