Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fair Weather Treadmill!


What's a mom to do?
I have to get my runs in!

If I....

Go up this hill...


down this hill...


up this hill....
and then a few straight areas..
then I get 1 mile...
passing my kids at least twice!
then do it again...and again...until I reach the miles that I need!

It is actually a pleasant run...and I can get my run in!

Last time, my little 4 year old boy ran a full mile with me...hills and all...no stopping!
I was literally in shock...I had No idea he could run!
I would like to say that I was slowing up for him...but I think he was slowing to stay with me!
I had to make him stop...he wanted to keep going...but I didn't know how good it was for him???
All day today he has been asking me..."When are we running MOM?"
Seriously?
My oldest daughter told me, "Mom, today you ARE getting your runs in!"
I think they realize how much I want this...and that I dedicate my whole life to them...they are giving back...gotta love it! =)

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!


4 comments:

  1. That is the way Laura does it too. Leaves me walking while she jogs and then comes back to me to talk for a couple of minutes. You two think alike. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that your sons have a great mother :)
    The pictures show that your environs are nice for running.
    I hope you'll have a nice running time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mom and great runner! No flat routes around there?

    ReplyDelete