Monday, June 28, 2010

Personalities!

I don't think it really matters what personality one is...a running schedule or program always helps!
I would have to say...I am rather spontaneous....a little "fly by the seat of my pants" girl!
I'm Not overly structured!
(stopping laughing if you know me personally!)
I have always functioned well this way!
I love me...and am happy with the way the Lord created me!
BUT...
I need a program!
To help me stay on track....give me direction...and just plain, help me get to my race!
There are soooooo many wonderful training schedules on the internet!
Since I would consider myself at beginner level, I didn't spend the time to review very many!
I just googles half marathon training, picked one...and I am starting today!
4 days a week of running....hopefully cut down on injuries!

Since running is more mental than most people think....
I have to admit, that my personality gives me an advantage!
(We already know of the disadvantage...and that would be...I am always under trained)
But the advantage is, that I don't get worked up over small bumps in the rode.
Actually the opposite....I thrive on them!
Bumps like....

HILLs
HOT
HUMID
COLD
RAIN
MUD
SNOW
SICK
TIRED
JUST ATE
NOT READY
WRONG TURN
ECT.

Since the majority of runners that I am friends with both in the "real" world and the bloggy world, are great example of consistency!
Thank you !
If I could find just a bit of that I would do a ton better!
But I can offer the other side!
Enjoy each and every moment of each and every run or race!
Don't let the little things bother you!
At least YOU'VE done the training!
Now just BELIEVE!!!
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Yay for a half marathon! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than getting to the start line having left no stone unturned and you've done all the hard work and now it's time to trust your training. Excellent job on the new program, you're going to love having a plan to follow and purpose behind the work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job choosing to do the training program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell Laura about you training for a half marathon. She told me yesterday that we are doing the 10K on the run for the roses race; and I have only walked 5K's. What's a guy to do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Now that you have a program the challenge will be to stick with it. I have no doubt you will do just that. I can 'read' the excitement in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on picking a half marathon to run in! That is good and exciting news:) You are going to do awesome!! Believe in yourself Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picking a program was the first step. Now for the first step out the door...
    I'm sure you'll stick to the 4 days a week. Goodluck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would give you some advice but I never see you!!! I only see you when we are racing. But thanks for always being willing to go to the races. Can't wait for the 4th! You are an awesome runner and I know that you will do your half marathon just wonderful because you can anything. You are my inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four days a week for a half sounds totally doable - have fun with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Sherri, it gives a picture of your personality. You're a happy runner :)
    I always need a program. Following it helps me! In this way I could reach the aim easily :)
    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo! Way to go! It does take time and honestly - you are amazing to find the time with 5 kiddos! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay. can't wait to read about the training. It's very doable for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love reading your posts for the exact reason you state... and they always leave me feeling just a bit more peppy and excited to run!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my training program :) It really does help with the consistency...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you can do it! Looking forward to hearing more about how it is going! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for finding your half marathon training plan! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete