Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Treadmill

I remember the day I went to buy my treadmill! I had talked to many friends who advised me NOT to get one! Most of them had invested in their treadmill, but not used it! I went against the advise they gave me and bought one for my husband for Christmas! (Kinda tricky...now that I think about it) I laugh at some of the features I paid up for....like speed at 12.0....oh that's been used a ton! -wink- (It wasn't for me...my husband only ran sprints...after lifting weights!- but he didn't use it for that either...since he has turned runner!)

IT WAS THE BEST INVESTMENT EVER!!!!!! WE HAVE USED THAT TREADMILL, AND ABUSED IT! I LOVE HIM! (My hubby too...but this is about my treadmill)

It is broken right now! I have had the tech out...and it needs $1000 in work. It's been down for about 1 month...and I need a treadmill. I wish I could run outside...the weather is so nice, but it never works...too many little ones! I have no problem with the repair cost...it is worth it! I just can't wait! It seems like the parts are taking forever!

We are looking to buy a second treadmill! What kind of treadmill do you recommend?

14 comments:

  1. i wish we had space to place a treadmill. cant wait to see what you guys buy. sorry i dont have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just jealous you have a treadmill. I remember one of you first posts w/a pic of you on the TM, with all your lil' ones playing around you. It was SO great1;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A grand to fix your treadmill? You must have one killer of a treadmill! I think I just paid a tad under that for mine. Anyway, I am sooo glad I have one, too. It's not that I can't run outdoors cuz my kids are too little to leave alone (thought that's what I initially bought it for), but it's just easier on my old body to run on the TM surface than concrete. Hope you're fixed and back to running soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not ask me for advice. You can tell by my shape that a treadmill and I do not agree. :)

    I am so glad we got together last week. You are awesome. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Genesis, I wish I had space for a treadmill. With our Oregon rain, it would come in handy!! :-)
    Good luck with your treadmill repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that was as much as I paid for my treadmill! I bought a Sole brand off Amazon (saves taxes and shipping) back in February. So far it has been great.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, but I can’t help here. I just wrote in my latest post about the fact that I’ve never run on a treadmill and I’ve been running for 29 years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like running on a treadmill but if we had two it would be cool to run with Mike! I bet you'll have loads of fun running with your hubby on them when you get your second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. no advice... but good for you for proving them all wrong and literally running that thing into the ground. Most people that I know who own exercise equipment only use it as a dust collector.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear it! That is a bummer. I hope you find a good one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late congrats to the running family: great shots! No advices from me, I am a man "who invested in the treadmill but not used it". I prefer the rain, the wind, the cold ......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to read you don't regret getting a treadmill, because I've been seriously considering it! Hope the parts arrive soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, hit the garage sales, like you said most people use them as clothing racks, and then sell them at an garage sale for dirt cheap, I got mine at a garage sale for $25

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherri, I would recommend you to buy a new treadmill. I've tested many products and I publish the reviews on runreviews.com. Use my email if you want to ask me more about a specific model. Happy shopping :)

    ReplyDelete