Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I DO have a Vertical!


So my sweet kids survived without me!
I knew they would..but I just like to believe that they need me more than they actually do.
Although, their triathlon was canceled due to rain...BIG BUMMER!

As for my time in UTAH...it was FANTASTIC!
I hiked to the "Y"..(It's on a mountain...for BYU!)
I have always wanted to hike it...but never seem to fit it in!
Lucky for me, my race was more about running with family than actually racing, and so I was able to hike it the day before!

My sister, Cindy, and I put our babies on us...and booked it up that mountain.
About 1 min. into the hike, I realized that my "book it" pace would have to slow down to a mere stroll. We finished in 31 min.

I am more excited about my vertical.
I told the girl taking the picture.."try to get me in the air, it will be hard, because I don't come off the ground much!"
YIPPEE for air!


As for the race, it was a BLAST!
The best part was that I was running with family, and that we also had a cheering squad!
It is not very often that I get to have a whole section of people yelling for me!
And my DAD at the finish line!
Super Special!

(Above is my Aunt Eloise, my Aunt Nancy, and my brother Jeff!)


My newest Brother In Law toted Brady around while I ran the race!
I am so glad...he was well taken care of!
My sister Debbie made sure there was enough love for both those boys!




My Mom, Dad, and Jeff flew in from Arizona!
It was so fun to have them there!
Reminded me of all the many years that they spent going to races for me!
(Now I get to do that for my kids)


Here I am running, behind me is my sister, Cindy!
This is a fun picture, because I will never again have a picture with me in front!
She ran with me...she is WAY faster...but for some reason, my camera crew got a picture of me in front!
Thanks guys!
She ran right next to me for the finish line...I wish I had a picture of that!


This is my cousin Laura...it is her 2nd 5k, and she just started running!
I am so proud of her!


My Uncle Ivon...he too has done 2 5k's and he beat his time by 2 min.

My cousin Steph...she also has run 2 5k's and I wish I would have captured her little gig...she is full of fun!

As for the race itself, I was rather disappointed!
They did not have any porta potties for the start of the 5k...I was in BIG trouble...I feel blessed that my bladder held!
The finish line was caotic...with the full and half finishing together!
But with all the family there...it was SUPER Fun!

I ran an unofficial 24:33

16 comments:

  1. glad you had a great time :) for not racing this 5k you did an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to have so many family members do the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so happy! It looks like you had a fantastic time catching up with family! Nice job on your 5K:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess, I did not go to Utah to run a race but to hook up with you again. Yes, I would have gone to Utah this summer anyway, but your trip drove our timing. Just think, the last time I saw you was around 1986 in Park City (Jeremy Ranch). I may have the year wrong, but Cindi is the youngest in the picture I have. Cindi is sitting on your dad's lap, and Kimberly is sitting on your mom's lap. Thanks for letting me give you an extra long hug. :)

    Lunch at the park top the day off perfect. I did not expect so many folks to show up. I hope you got to renew ties with all. I got to chat with JoNell and Matthew, Doug and Jill, Debbie and Seth. In fact, I might have ignored my brothers and sisters a little. I hope they are not disappointed in me. Thanks for posting these pictures. Please email me a copy of the pictures. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great 5k, well done to you and all your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pic!! Good job on your race...that's actually pretty fast to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool thing with the family! Looks like y'all had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such an awesome day!! I wish we could run all races together and tote our cheering squad around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great time you had! I haven't ever hiked to the Y! We have done Mt. Timpanogos! That is a great hike!

    Great 5K time too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great family time all round! Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! I especially like the one of you guys getting some air and the one with the guys carrying the kids! So many folks complain about having to choose between family and their racing, you have shown that you can do both, kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great race to run with all your family joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great adventure Sherri and nice race time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how totally fun to have all those family members all running the race! That's so cool. Nice job on the 5K, girl. Nothing to be disappointed in that. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was so much fun!! I'm glad to finally have met you

    ReplyDelete