Saturday, August 25, 2012

12 IT IS!!!

I ran 12 miles and I'm one proud momma!
Not 12 at one time....but 12 for my weekly total!
I got totally dusted by my sister...but I am indebted to her..for getting these old bones back out and running!
In fact, for our 16 Anniversary, my husband and I ran together! :)
I'm so glad we share the love of running...he's much faster than me...right now!
I don't think I will run a race, until I can make sure I can beat him!
He's never beat me in a race!
He would crush me right now!
But I love love love having a common interest in sports!!!!

In fact, he thanked me at dinner!
He is a football and basketball lover...but as he got older, his skills faded!
He couldn't keep up with the younger kids anymore!
Instead of hanging up the shoes...he traded them in!
He is now a RUNNER!!
And he thanked ME for helping and encouraging him!
Funny thing...he is the one helping me and encouraging me to get back on it!
I'm 12 miles into my JOURNEY...AS A RETURN RUNNER!

At dinner we both decided to give up meat..not fish though!
I don't know why?
I'm a meat lover...but all the sudden...I'm not!
I don't want it!
I don't like the way it makes me feel...so I'm going to say "Good bye chicken"...and "Good bye red meat!"
AND "HELLO TO RUNNING"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment